Thursday, July 17, 2008

International Computer Drivers Licence

Signed up for this today. Doing the first five options, out of the seven on the list.

Ideally would like to do all seven. Hope to do Information Systems, an OP paper, towards a L6 in Records Management a bit later on, and the full ICDL would set me up nicely for this.

As I mentioned before, I have nearly always been self-taught. As an ex-typographer/graphic designer, I learned all the major graphics programs, and by default learned all the MS programs too - self-learned again.

Course, there are lots of little things I don't know how to do. Or stuff, that I KNOW there is a better way of doing. Being used to the flexibility of graphics programs (especially Adobe), I find MS software incredibly frustrating. They don't do what I want them to do, and are full of little glitches and traps.

I plan to conquer MS completely, with the ICDL!

Semester Two started on Monday. Tidied my office at home in readiness for it, but done little else towards it so far! Will start in earnest next week - its my twin daughters eighth birthday this week, so my week has been filled with plans for this!

Not procrastinating - promise!

Thats it for now . . . more later

No comments: