Saturday, July 12, 2008

Still counting down …

Still waiting for start date … OP starts back on Monday, so no doubt I will be busy beavering away soon enough on that. I've just completed my L5 diploma, so now I am on my way to my L6!

Its an exciting time of learning for me … two OP papers, Web 2.0 course, and we are also starting the ICDL course as well! Not to say all the exciting workplace training, that we get at NSL anyway. I'm so lucky – I've never had such great training in a job before.

I am the typical "learn-as-you-do" type. Chucked in the deep end, sink or swim (I never drown LOL).

Often the trouble with this method of learning, is that you end up with little gaps in your knowledge. Eventually they may get filled in, but it takes a long time. Its great to be given the opportunity to learn something properly, in a disciplined way. Learn how to do something correctly the first time. Much better in the long-run!

So, I've already been messing around with Web 2.0 for ages now. Learning by trial and error as usual – its good to now go through and "plug the gaps" in the learning, by going back to the beginning and learning from start to finish, how to do things.

Well, that's it from me today!

Nine days to go!

No comments: