Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mamma Mia, what a laugh!

Last night, I took my 8y.o. twin daughters, to see Mamma Mia. We went with my sister, and her 10y.o. twin daughters, my other sister, and my sister-in-law. It was a girls night out!

The movie was fantastic! So much fun. I have not laughed so much literally in years (and I always enjoy a good laugh, and have a giggle whenever I can).

I see Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan in a new light now. What talented people that they can turn their hands to comedy and music, after all the previous roles that they have played over the years.

We all had sore tummys at the end, from side splitting laughter!

At the end of some of the most outstanding numbers (Dancing Queen for example), the audience erupted into quite spontaneous applause. Very unusual for the movies, I think you would agree!

I thoroughly recommend this movie to everyone. Men and boys as well as us women and girls will enjoy this. It is NOT the girly movie / chic flick that I thought it would be.

If you've not seen it – go see it now!

2 comments:

TiriFantail said...

Hi Flopsymopsy, you're the same star sign as me. I didn't know that. I also had fun watching Mamma Mia but couldn't take my daughter as it was a Plunket fundraiser on a week night. It will be worth seeing again. Your blog is cool!

Unknown said...

I so enjoyed Mamma Mia myself - wasn't Meryl Streep absolutely wonderful. You'd never guess that she's a day over 45. I am definitely going to buy a copy of the DVD to play over and over again. What fun!!