Thursday, November 26, 2009

Introduction to Twitter

I am already a Twitterer and have been for quite some time. I go through spates of tweeting, followed by spates of quietness. I use Facebook everyday, so I have set up my Twitter account, so that if I tweet, it also updates my Facebook status at the same time.

If you decide to do this, from your Twitter account, go to the bottom of the page, and click on "Goodies", then select "Widgets", then select "Facebook", and "install Twitter in Facebook" it will ask you to log in to your Facebook account.

I find the 140 characters in Twitter, a bit limiting - so normally use Facebook to update my status. However, I like keeping up to date with people/organisations that I am "following" in Twitter.

I recently attended the National Digital Forum conference, and found it fun to participate with other attendees, by tweeting from my iPod Touch.

Anyone wanting to follow me in Twitter, can do so @sauvblancgirl .

I already follow NZHistory Online - and attended a presentation that they gave at the NDF conference. They use Twitter as a marketing tool, to draw attention to items of interest in their collection. As there is only 140 characters, the messages are short and of a teasing nature, and usually has a URL shortened by bit.ly that takes you to either a weblink or a photo.

No comments: