Friday, November 27, 2009

Searching Twitter

The basic search within Twitter is quite straight-forward. I used the words "digital" and "library" and got screens-full of tweets in reply.

I used Twoogle, to search Twitter and Google using the same words. Both returned comprehensive results, the top results of course being where the phrase digital library was together. I quite liked the split screen between results and being able to scroll separately.

I noticed though, that although the Tweets were often in English, the websites mentioned in them, might not have English content.

A popular trend listed on Twitter recently, has been Google Wave. Its a cross between email, chat and search engine, blogger, and social networking site.

Watch this video: http://wave.google.com/help/wave/using-wave.html



You can search Twitter from within Wave - and it will keep collecting new search results as they occur.

I can't wait to start "Wave"-ing

No comments: